Leach's Top-10, second installment
1. USC — Will anybody stay within two touchdowns of these guys in the regular season?
2. Virginia Tech — Their obliteration of a very good Georgia Tech team may be the most impressive showing I’ve seen this year.
3. Texas — This isn’t a case of them dropping in my eyes. It’s just being impressed with VaTech.
4. Florida — That Tennessee win looks better than it did a little while ago.
5. Florida State — I’m still biased, but there still aren’t many teams with two quality wins.
6. Ohio State — Wow. What an evisceration. Iowa is obviously not as good as some (including yours truly) thought, but wow.
7. Georgia — Beating Miss. St. by 13 points is
not necessarily something to go crazy about, but the huge game by
Shockley is encouraging. They go to Knoxville in two weeks.
8. Tennessee — Beating LSU in Baton Rouge at night is a great win. Period.
9. Miami — South Florida, Duke and Temple the next three games? Are you kidding me?
10. Michigan State — I love teams that can do one thing exceptionally well. Especially when that one thing is scoring points.
Teams to watch: Alabama, Cal, Wisconsin, Boston College
Game of the week: Florida-Alabama. I really enjoy watching ASU play, and they’re an excellent team, but I think SC beats them by 20 points. This, meanwhile, will be the most telling game. Is ‘Bama’s renaissance legit? Is Florida’s offense legit? This’ll be great stuff. And though I’m a die-hard Seminole, in honor of my dad, I say this — go Gators!