Audience participation time!
Hey, it’s better than a drum solo.
I’m going to steal a bit from T.R. Sullivan and throw some questions out for all to answer. You are welcome to respond to one of them, all of them, or any number in between. We’ll try to do this semi-regularly, maybe once a week or so. And of course, in O,YNAG tradition, it won’t be all baseball.
So here we go, the first intsallment of, hmmm, let’s call it Lucky Seven.
1. How should the Cardinals handle second base? Luna every day? Miles every day? Straight platoon? This semi-platoon that they’re using now? Make a trade?
2. What should they do in left field? Let Chris Duncan play? Platoon Duncan and Taguchi? Play Taguchi every day? Play Rodriguez every day? Mix-and-match? Call up John Gall or Skip Schumaker? Lots of options here.
3. If the Cards could pull the trigger on one major deal, out of all the potentially available players, who would you want? Try to be at least a little reasonable — obviously Roy Oswalt is not available.
4. If there’s one player the Cards absolutely MUST NOT trade, who do you think it is? Leave out Pujols, Carpenter and Rolen, since those are, um, fairly obvious.
5. For those of you calling for Jason Isringhausen not to pitch the ninth anymore, two questions. One, what would you do with him if you removed him? Two, who do you want pitching the ninth? Again, realism must reign — to paraphrase Rick Pitino, Mariano Rivera is not walking through that door.
6. What’s the best baseball movie of all time?
7. What’s the best concert you’ve seen recently? Seen any disappointing or lousy shows lately?
Have at it. I’ll post my thoughts on all these after y’all weigh in for a while.