Thursday's new Lucky Seven
1. What is the single biggest difference between the 2006 Cardinals on one hand, and the 2004-2005 editions on the other?
2a. How many starts will Mark Mulder make for the Cardinals between now and the end of the year? There are currently 56 games left, and he’s expected to make his first rehab start on Sunday.
2b. What will his ERA be in those games? 5.00 or higher? 4.50-5.00? 4.00-4.50? 3.50-4.00? 3.50 or lower?
3. What’s the best Cardinals blog out there?
4. Out of all the pitchers currently in the organization, which five should be in the starting rotation at this minute? Once Mulder comes back, which of those five would you bump? Any and all opinions go here — if you think John Webb and Dennis Tankersley should both be in the big league rotation, say so. If you think the current five are the best five options, say so.
5. In the American League, five teams are fighting for three playoff spots (unless you include the Blue Jays, then it’s six). Out of the Tigers, White Sox, Twins, Yankees and Red Sox, which three make it, and which two go home?
6. Do you think Floyd Landis cheated? Do you care?
7. What’s the best steak you’ve ever had in your life? Apologies to vegetarians/vegans.
One note — I want to welcome Jordan Bastian, our Blue Jays reporter, to the MLBlogging world. Check him out at Major League Bastian.
Currently playing on the computer speakers: iTunes on Party Shuffle ("What Is and What Should Never Be" by Zeppelin is the song at this very moment).