My lucky seven
Here are my answers for the last Lucky Seven.
1. I’d say it’s the starting rotation. For two years, the rotation was rock-solid, quality starts expected. This year it’s a different animal. I know they’re having trouble scoring runs lately, but to my eye, the biggest difference is starting pitching.
2. I’ll say 8 starts, with an ERA between 4 and 4.50.
4. I’ll go with the current five, bumping Weaver or Marquis (to the bullpen, not off the roster entirely) when Mulder comes back. I expect, however, that Reyes will be optioned for the few days until Sept. 1, then brought back to relieve. I think you can make good cases for several guys, though — Wainwright especially. I’d give Tankersley a start before Sosa.
5. I’ll say it’s the three teams currently in position — Yankees, Tigers, White Sox make it. Red Sox and Twins go home.
6. I’ve thought basically from the first revelation that he did. I don’t particularly care, because I’m of the opinion that LOTS of those guys use various illegal substances.
7. Metropolitan Grill, Seattle. Spectacular steak, perfect service. Runner-up were the old Friday night steak nights in Tallahassee with three great friends.