1. How would you rate the Cardinals’ handling of Mark Mulder’s comeback? Did they rush him? Should he have made more rehab starts? Should he have been shut down after his first game back in the Majors? Or do you think that they handled it all reasonably?
2. Let’s revisit a question I asked a few weeks ago. From out of all pitchers currently in the organization, who would comprise your five-man rotation from here to the end of the season? Once again, nobody is off-limits. If your rotation would include Wainwright, Reyes, Hancock and Sosa as well as Carpenter, that’s fine.
3. How would you divvy up outfield playing time while Edmonds is out? Duncan-Encarnacion-Wilson every day? Platoon Taguchi and Duncan? Play Spiezio on a semi-regular basis? Don’t forget, John Rodriguez is almost certain to be back soon, so he figures in this discussion as well.
4. The Cardinals could face just about anybody but the Reds or Astros in the Division Series. Out of the Wild Card challengers and the NL West contenders, what potential opponent scares you most? The likely list includes the Dodgers, Padres, Phillies, Marlins, Giants, D-Backs and maybe the Braves. The Mets are pretty clearly the best team in the league, so let’s leave them out of the discussion.
5. Follow-up. Who’s going to make the playoffs in the NL? Obviously the Mets are going to win the East, but what about the Central champion, West champion, and Wild Card?
6. What teams have the best uniforms in American sports? If there’s one that stands out to you all alone, that’s cool. If you can’t pick between three or four, name them all.
7. What do you get at the concession stand at a baseball game? At a movie?
As the manager says, "fire away."