(Note — this is one of two posts that went up at virtually the same time. Please see the one below this as well. -M.)
Here’s my top-10 following Footballpocalypse.
1. Ohio State. They still have the best win of the year.
2. USC. Still steamrolling. Looking like a 12-0 team right now.
3. Auburn. Good win, but they shouldn’t get another real test for quite a while.
4. Florida. Winning in Knoxville is very, very hard.
5. Michigan. I never was sold on ND, but that was a thrashing.
6. Louisville. Miami ain’t what they used to be, but still a great win.
7. Georgia. Much better showing against UAB than Oklahoma had.
8. LSU. How much can you dock a team for that loss?
9. Virginia Tech. I predict they’ll win about six different games by roughly the same score (35-0).
10. Texas. Still no read on this team.
Teams to watch: Arizona State, BC, Oregon, UCLA, Alabama
Game of the Week: Man, what a comedowb after last week. Quite a few decent in-conference matchups, but nothing earth-shattering. Let’s say ASU-Cal, and I’ll predict that ASU goes into Berkeley and beats them.
(now playing on the computer speakers: The Very Best of Otis Redding)