Lucky Seven answers
Two posts today, since I was delinquent in putting up Lucky Seven answers.
1. Honestly, I’m still not sure. If Reyes shows he’s sharp over his last three starts, I’d go with him. Unfortunately for the Cards, nearly every team they could face features some prominent LHH, which makes it tough to go with Weaver. But if Game 3 is on the road, and you’re comfortable with being able to manage the LHHs, Weaver would be my next choice.
2. Hard, hard call, which is why I asked the question. I think I’d go with Hanley Ramirez by a nose over Josh Johnson, with Dan Uggla and Ryan Zimmerman both great candidates as well. Amazingly tough choice.
3. Competent, which is all you can really ask. I wouldn’t want to go with him there for longer than a few weeks, but if he’s the backup again next year, I think that’d be fine.
4. I’d try to get him at least a couple more days off, but not an extended stint.
5. Yankees. Terrifying lineup, excellent front of the rotation, and that Rivera guy.
6. Too late. But I did have Michigan in my pick ‘em.