My lucky seven answers
OK, I’ve found something that I dislike about Minute Maid Park: mosquitos. Ugh. Still a great place for a game, but I always leave Houston with my share of bites. Anyway, here are my answers to this week’s Lucky Seven questions.
1. I’d put him in the rotation. As some of you have said, it’s easier to find a quality reliever than a quality starter. If for whatever reason it doesn’t work, you can always move him back.
2. I know Belliard hasn’t been as good as people would have hoped, but I think he’s a better option at second base. I’d give Miles the occasional start when there’s a good matchup, but I think this team’s best configuration includes Ronnie Belliard doing what he’s capable of doing.
3. I like Flores quite a bit, so he’d be my guy there. But I think they should be willing to use Hancock against LHH in certain situations.
4. On Thursday, I would have said Monday. Now, I’ll say Tuesday with Carpenter on the mound.
5. This is kind of a trick question, because I firmly believe that you just can’t predict how a 5- or 7-game series will turn out. With that said, I think the Cardinals will win at least one round if they are the home team for the Div. Series. And I actually think if they faced the Mets in the LCS, they’d give them a good fight.
6. Much easier call now than two days ago obviously, but I would have said Europe then too. And though I’m not a big golf guy, I greatly enjoy the Ryder Cup. It’s about as entertaining as golf on TV can get. Match play is fun stuff.
7. Ben & Jerry’s Mint and Oreo Cookie (or whatever they call it now that they aren’t actually Oreos in it anymore). If I get to include one topping, then the winner is Haagen Dazs Dulce de Leche with hot fudge on top. Heavenly.