Live from Memphis, it's Lucky Seven
Good afternoon to all. I’m feeling refreshed if not exactly rested following a flight home to St. Louis yesterday and a drive down to Memphis this morning. AutoZone Park is beautiful as ever, really a terrific venue, so it’s definitely good to be here. Already had some some Krystals and sweet tea (gotta love the South), and surely there will be barbecue before the weekend is out.
Here’s this week’s Lucky Seven, only a day late.
1. Simple question: if it’s down to one spot in the bullpen, between Josh Hancock and Ricardo Rincon, what do you do? Who do you keep, and what do you do with the other guy? Cut him outright? Trade him for anything at all, even if it means eating salary and taking a C-minus prospect?
2. Which part of the opening week are you looking forward to the most? The traditional Opening Day festivities? Raising the world champions pennant? Handing out rings? Just being able to watch baseball games that count?
3. Prediction time: Give me the playoff teams, pennant winners and World Series champ.
4. Prediction time 2: MVP and Cy Young from each league.
5. Prediction time 3: Give me a bold/random/interesting baseball prediction for the upcoming season.
6. Inspired by this weekend’s locale, which city is the best for a weekend roadtrip from St. Louis, and why? We’re talking at most 7 hrs drive or so, and if it’s that far away, you’re really going to have to convince me. To choose from: KC, Memphis, Chicago, Milwaukee, Cincinnati and I’m sure plenty of others. If you love Springfield or Columbia or Tulsa or Topeka, go ahead and sing its praises!
7. What’s the last non-fiction book you read that you’d heartily recommend to someone?
As always, feel free to answer as many or as few as you like. But if you don’t have an answer, please just don’t answer it. No need to take a dig at the question or the topic.
Currently playing on the iPod: Modest Mouse, We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank.