Lucky Seven lives
It’s not the right day, but it’s been too long, so here is Lucky Seven, back in all its glory. Greetings from Atlanta, where it’s the last day of the road trip — so I get to see my beloved bride, as well as our two animals, tomorrow. Outstanding news indeed.
One reminder for those of you who are new or who may have forgotten. If you don’t have an answer to a question, that’s fine, just leave it blank. But please don’t give me sarcastic/snotty/whatever answers about how "there are no other sports but baseball" or "movies are useless to me" or whatever. If you don’t want to answer one of the questions, just don’t answer it. Also, don’t take shots at other people’s answers. Again, just answer the questions you want to answer, ignore the ones you don’t. Thanks.
With Heart by Stars playing on the iPod, here are the questions:
1. Are the Cardinals contenders for the 2007 postseason?
2. With that in mind, how should they approach the deadline? Blow the whole thing up? Be buyers, but only buyers to strengthen the 2008 team? Buyers in the short term, say with a boost to this year’s rotation or offense? Stand pat?
3. Do you have any concerns about how the Carpenter situation was handled? If so, what?
4. Aside from big league ballparks, what’s your favorite venue in sports? Anything goes, from the place where you played your high school football to the Edward Jones Dome to Augusta National to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Can be a place you’ve visited, or a place you’ve just seen on TV.
5. What’s your favorite movie of the summer thus far? What movie still to come are you most looking forward to? (this is a VERY easy one for me, but y’all have at it…)
6. Mrs. Dude touched on this topic the other day. What’s your song of the summer so far this year?
7. What’s the perfect summer food?