Lucky Seven, pre-deadline edition
With barely five hours until the Simpsons movie premieres on the East Coast, let’s get on with Lucky Seven. I almost wrote Lucky Sven, which I suppose might count as a Questionable Content reference. Anyway.
1. David Eckstein: sign him to a new deal, trade him before the deadline, or let him walk for draft picks after the year? If he’s gone, who is the 2008 shortstop?
2. Izzy: trade him? If you keep him, presumably you pick up the option for 2008. If you trade him, who closes next year?
3. As the team is currently made up, what should they do with the 2 spot in the order? Is there one guy you want there, or do you like the job-sharing arrangement?
4. Who will win the National League Central?
5. Let’s tip a cap to one of the great Internet phenomena of years past — the Road to Springfield, which was actually started by an old friend of mine. Who is the best Simpsons supporting character? That is, aside from the five main family members.
6. Who is the best character on TV today?
7. What’s the most beautiful natural site in America?
-M, completely addicted to the new White Stripes album.