Lucky Seven, Happy-Valentine's edition
Wishing the Mrs. a happy V-Day from 1200 miles away, here’s this week’s Lucky Seven.
1. Of these seven outfielders — Duncan, Ankiel, Schumaker, Ludwick, Barton, Gonzalez, Rasmus — which five make the team?
2. Of these 11 (eleven!) infielders — Pujols, Glaus, Kennedy, Izturis, Miles, Spiezio, Ryan, Hoffpauir, Barden, Jimenez, Phelps — which six make the team? (hint: I think the Pujols guy is pretty safe)
3. Of these three starting pitcher candidates — Reyes, Thompson, Wellemeyer — which one opens the season in the rotation?
4. Of the six pitchers who attended the Cards’ minicamp — see Derrick Goold’s excellent piece on it from the other day — which one makes the Majors first? Which one has the best career? The pitchers are Mitchell Boggs, Jaime Garcia, Clayton Mortensen, Adam Ottavino, Chris Perez and P.J. Walters.
5. Who will win the Daytona 500? (If you don’t like NASCAR, just ignore the question. Don’t take a shot. I’m a gearhead. You don’t have to like it, but I do and it’s my blog.)
6. Now that the writers’ strike is settled, what show’s return are you most eagerly anticipating?
7. What’s the last good book you read?