Lucky Seven, the-Grapefruit-League-lives edition
1. What’s the best on-field development of the spring thus far?
2. What’s the worst on-field or injury development of the spring thus far?
3. At the END of the year, who will be the starting middle infielders?
4. What should the Cardinals do about a backup 1B? Use Chris Duncan? Use an infielder already on the roster? Carry Josh Phelps or perhaps Joe Mather? Sign a free agent (Julio Franco, Jeff Cirillo, Ryan Klesko, Shea Hillenbrand…)?
5. Who signs somewhere first: Bonds, Clemens or Piazza?
6. What band would you most want to see reunited? No limits here — even if half of them are dead, I don’t care. Who do you miss?
7. What’s one place you most want to visit before you die?
-M, listening to Jack Johnson’s Sleep Through the Static.
Above all else today, though, I want to send out two big greetings:
* A very, very happy anniversary to my parents. Thank you so much for everything.
* And a very, very happy birthday to my mother-in-law, who doesn’t deserve that title with all its negative connotations. Happy birthday, second mom!