Thursday camp tidbits
Lotta stuff going on, so let’s hit the highlights:
* Brendan Ryan will see the doctor on Saturday, and will be held out until then, as he nurses his intercostal strain.
* Tyler Johnson met with Paletta today and has shown some progress. They’ll check again in a couple of days, at which point they’ll determine the continuing course of action.
* Juan Gonzalez saw a doctor and has had the possibility of a hernia ruled out, but he’s still not able to play. In fact, he will be scaled back from the level of activity he previously was doing.
* A number of Minor Leaguers were released today, including former high draft picks Mike Ferris and Eric Haberer, and last year’s camp sensation, Dennis Dove.
* Aaron Miles went out and took some swings on the back fields today, as Chris Duncan and Juan Gonzalez have done in recent days.
* For those curious, and I know some of you are, Colby Rasmus is wearing No. 11 in a Memphis uniform at this point. Just thought I’d throw it out there.
* Loved today’s lineup, even though it didn’t produce. I think a perfect 1-5 for this team on a lot of days will be just how they did it, Barton-Duncan-Pujols-Ankiel-Glaus. I’d probably flip Kennedy up into the 6 spot and Molina down to 7, but overall, that’s how I’d order them on days when those players all play.
Today’s playlist consists of B-sides, alternates, and other rarities and the like:
Smashing Pumpkins, "Starla"
Rolling Stones, "Memo From Turner"
Pearl Jam, "Yellow Ledbetter"
U2, "Hallelujah Here She Comes"