Tuesday afternoon tidbits: Johnson to have surgery
Lotta stuff going on. Lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-yous.
* Tyler Johnson is going to have arthroscopic surgery on his shoulder, likely before the week is out.
* Mark Mulder threw a bullpen today — about 40 pitches, all sinkers.
* The Cardinals haven’t heard anything from the league about Yadier Molina’s outburst yesterday.
And in other stuff…
* Please welcome Lee Hurwitz, the new associate reporter at StLCardinals.com. He’ll be filing some stuff for the site starting immediately, and I’m confident he’ll follow well in the footsteps of Conor Nicholl and Daniel Berk.
* I’ll be doing a chat tomorrow at 12 p.m. CT. I assume it’ll be linked from the main STL site. So come on down.
* In the new music category, loving M83’s album, and digging the new NIN.