Tuesday afternoon tidbits: El Hombre arrives
After spending nine hours in transit from Boston yesterday, I’ve never in my life been so happy to get to Detroit. And by the way, I have no idea how I made it 33 years without discovering Potbelly sandwiches. Yum! Anyway…
* Pujols had an extensive workout today. If he feels good tomorrow, he’ll do a normal pregame workout with a target of being ready Thursday, the day he is eligible to be activated.
* Molina is the starting catcher. Adam Kennedy is the starting first baseman (yes, you read that right).
* Mulder’s back injury is being downplayed, and he has not been ruled out for Kansas City. Either he or Boggs will start the Saturday game. He will get to Detroit tomorrow and be checked out.
* Chris Perez is sick and went back to the team hotel.
* Todd Wellemeyer threw a bullpen late this afternoon but I have not heard how it went. However, unless something surprising happens, he’s on track for a Thursday start.
* Tom Crean is here, and he brought Packers coach Mike McCarthy with him.