Monday camp tidbits: Ryan is sore
Games are getting closer and closer, and that’s good news. At some point all of us are ready for that changeover, as opposed to workouts every day. Here are today’s tidbits:
* Brendan Ryan has a sore right wrist, which he’s been told is tendinitis. He expects to miss a few days, and said he probably won’t play in a game until at least Friday. It’s not a recurrence of the wrist injury which sidelined him for so much of 2006, but Ryan nonetheless said, “I just have bad wrists, I guess.”
* Ryan participated in drills, however. He’s just prevented from hitting. Khalil Greene is dealing with a little bit of shoulder soreness, which he and the club insist is really no problem at all, and Greene participated fully today. David Freese has some discomfort in the area of his Achilles’ tendon, but like Greene is doing just about everything.
* Today’s entry in the nothing-in-Cardinals-camp-is-accidental file… Two infield groups worked out today. In one, Joe Mather, Freese, Brian Barden, K.Greene, Skip Schumaker, Ryan, Albert Pujols and Chris Duncan. In the other, Brett Wallace, Tyler Greene, Joe Thurston, Jarrett Hoffpauir and Allen Craig. Thinking you can draw your own conclusions there.
* Josh Kinney was not sharp today, but neither he nor Dave Duncan expressed much concern. Kinney had trouble getting his timing down.
* Adam Wainwright on the other hand was outstanding in his live BP session, against Pujols and Duncan.
* TLR said it is not a slam dunk that Colby Rasmus would always be the CF if he and Rick Ankiel are in the same OF.
* Clayton Mortensen took a shot off his right hip during batting practice (not live) today, hit by Rasmus.
Junior Boys, “In the Morning”
Camouflage, “Motif Sky”
Postal Service, “Nothing Better”
Blaqk Audio, “Bitter for Sweet”
Cold War Kids, “Against Privacy”