Monday camp tidbits: Not-so-tearful reunion
Hello from a bright, sunny, cool day in Jupiter. It’s been a bit of a circus here today.
* Adam Kennedy made the trip from Port Charlotte, and led off the game with a bloop single to center. Told of the continuing contention that the Cardinals didn’t think he’d be OK with a competitive situation at 2B, Kennedy said, “I think we all know that’s not true.”
* Joe Thurston is playing LF today. TLR: “Dunc’s been playing a lot, Ludwick’s been playing a lot, so there’s a spot open. And he can play the outfield, I think. So he gets a chance. And he needs some playing time.”
* Gen. Hal Moore, of “We Were Soldiers” fame, visited the Cardinals and spoke to the team at 11:45 a.m. He was joined by Maj. Jim Gant, a recent recipient of the Silver Star for heroism in Iraq.
* Mitchell Boggs threw a live BP session today and, depending on how he comes through it, it’s conceivable that his next time facing hitters could be in a game. They’re not going to rush him, but it’s possible.
* Team Dominicana arrived today. It was quite a sight as all the stars rolled in, Alex Rodriguez in his Maybach and others in their luxury rides with entourages and all. Very rock-star vibe. They’ll be working out on the back fields this afternoon, and they play the Marlins at Roger Dean Stadium tomorrow.
Wilco: “Outtasite (Outta Mind)”
XTC: “Senses Working Overtime”
Primal Scream: “Jailbird”
Dinosaur Jr: “The Wagon”
Jesus and Mary Chain: “Far Gone and Out”