1. Keeping in mind actual baseball and personal realities, what’s the best course of action regarding Kyle Lohse? Try to skip him once or twice as off days allow? Send him to the ‘pen? DL him with a phantom injury? Stay the course? And, again, understand that you are talking about a veteran with pull in the clubhouse and $30 million or so left on his contract. And if you replace him, you have to replace him WITH someone.
2. Keeping in mind actual baseball and personal realities, what’s the best course of action at shortstop? Keep playing Ryan till he gets sorted out? Play Greene regularly till Lopez comes back? Spot Greene here and there? Just make do until Lopez returns and then play Lopez semi-regularly?
3. Who should lead off for the Cardinals against left-handed pitchers?
4. What’s the best single pitch on the Cardinals’ staff? Penny’s fastball? Wainwright’s curve? Franklin’s knuckler? (just checking if you’re paying attention) Something else entirely?
5. Which team is the biggest surprise, whether it be positive or negative, in the National League thus far?
6. Preakness: who ya got?
7. It’s been a really amazing year for music already. What’s your favorite album of the year to date?