Friday tidbits: Holliday, Greene and more
Hello from what, for my money, is the best ballpark in America.
* Matt Holliday worked out pretty extensively this morning, and sounded like he hopes to play Sunday. TLR sounded less enthusiastic about that possibility but didn’t rule it out. There’s something going up on the site about this very topic as I write though, so be sure to check it out for more details.
* Tyler Greene got his first start of the year today, but it might not be his last this series. There’s a possibility he’ll play on Sunday against Barry Zito.
* Meanwhile David Freese is playing today and will play Sunday, but could also go Saturday as well. That would mark his first time playing three straight this year, something TLR has said they don’t intend to do much in the early going. If it’s not Freese tomorrow night, it would be Descalso at 3B against Matt Cain.
* The Cardinals will stay on rotation in Phoenix, going with Kyle McClellan on Monday and Chris Carpenter on Tuesday, rather than moving Carpenter up to his fifth day and bumping McClellan back.
* Tomorrow’s game will start at 9:05 p.m. CT, not the 8:05 time originally listed. The Giants will receive their World Series rings prior to the game.
And, finally, the playlist is a Bay Area special (but no Train):
Sly and the Family Stone, “Dance to the Music”
Creedence Clearwater Revival, “Fortunate Son”
Big Brother and the Holding Company, “Piece of My Heart”
Jefferson Airplane, “Somebody to Love”
Grateful Dead, “Truckin'”