Lucky Seven: It’s bad, it’s nationwide
I’m beginning to get some feel for what the new assignment is going to look like. First big project will run a week from today, and there will be stories between now and then as well. Additionally, though, I think that being off the beat will free me up to do some different stuff from the blog.
And to resurrect some stuff that used to be on the blog, like Lucky Seven. For anyone who’s forgotten, or hasn’t seen this before, it’s pretty simple. Just answer the questions. This is your feature, not mine. One rule and one rule only: if one of the questions doesn’t interest you or appeal to you, just don’t answer. “The DH is stupid” or “I hate basketball” or “who cares about that?” doesn’t advance anything. Besides, obviously I care about it or I wouldn’t have asked.
One other thing: this blog, and this feature, obviously won’t be nearly so Cardinals-centered anymore. That starts now.
So anyway, on with the questions.
1. I count 11 teams with realistic playoff hopes in the National League. What’s the BEST team in the senior circuit as Spring Training approaches?
2. The Tigers are pretty much a consensus favorite in the AL Central. Which of the other four teams is the biggest threat to them?
3. What team improved itself the most over the winter?
4. What team will employ Roy Oswalt on Opening Day, if any?
5. Aside from Spring Training/Opening Day, what’s the next sporting event you’re really looking forward to? Masters? NCAA Tourney? NFL Draft?
6. What’s the funniest show on TV (pretty sure y’all know my vote on this one)?
7. You saw my list. What was YOUR favorite album last year?