Results tagged ‘ Jess Todd ’
All sorts of news at the ballpark today, where it’s a gorgeous, mild, breezy night.
* Mark DeRosa has been diagnosed with a strained tendon in his left wrist and is day-to-day. He’s expected to miss a few days but the club did not place him on the disabled list.
* Troy Glaus will begin the Florida phase of his rehab from shoulder surgery tomorrow, and the hope is that he will soon begin playing in Minor League games. He’s likely to head straight to the Florida State League to begin playing games.
* The Cardinals purchased the contract of infielder Jarrett Hoffpauir from Triple-A Memphis and optioned right-handed pitcher Clayton Mortensen to Memphis.
* Kyle Lohse will make a rehab start at Springfield tomorrow, and per John Mozeliak, he’s likely to make one more rehab start after that. Mozeliak said today he does not expect that Lohse’s next appearance would be for the big league club. Thus, it sounds like his first start since going on the DL would be the last day before the All-Star break, as part of that doubleheader in Chicago.
* Someone asked whether Brett Wallace had been considered for the callup today, and TLR clearly did not like that idea.
“You’ve got to be kidding me,” he said. “Whoever is saying that… are you guys pulling against him? Whoever is making those comments is pulling against him rather than for him. Just let him play. If anybody cares about this young man being a Cardinal, let him play.”
* A reminder: tomorrow night’s first pitch is at 6:15 p.m. CT, an hour earlier than normal.
* Jess Todd has been named a Pacific Coast League all-star.
Tonight’s playlist, another Bay Area special. Trying for four nights:
Grateful Dead, “Box of Rain”
Creedence Clearwater Revival, “Fortunate Son”
Otis Redding, “Dock of the Bay”
Janis Joplin, “Piece of My Heart”
Rolling Stones, “Gimme Shelter”