Results tagged ‘ Ryan Franklin ’
Greetings from Shea, where I won’t mind if I never cover another game. Hurry up, Citi Field!
* Rick Ankiel is out of the starting lineup with an abdominal strain, which he sustained last night. Not much word on the severity yet, whether he could pinch-hit or anything like that.
* I haven’t gotten a final word on Chris Carpenter’s bullpen session today, but by all accounts, it’s a formality. He’s starting Wednesday.
* The weather is OK for now, but the reports are that it could be hit-and-miss all afternoon. Something popping up here or there.
* TLR reiterated today that he thinks that both Isringhausen and Franklin are “distracted” by questions about roles and whatnot. I asked him what could be done, and he said talk it through with them. Derrick Goold followed by asking whether a flat-out declaration might accomplish that, and TLR made one.
“When Franklin’s fresh, he’s the guy that gets the ninth inning. We’ll try to keep him as fresh as we can. He’s the best guy we have for that role.”
* Chris Duncan is out today with a sore left hamstring. Evidently he felt it last night but played through it, but they’ve decided to be cautious and give him the day off.
* TLR says Franklin looks fine to him, though Franklin said last night he’s a little off.
* Glaus is batting fourth, with Ankiel fifth, because of Glaus’ numbers against Aaron Cook — 5-for-9 with 4 XBH.
* STL lineup: Schumaker LF, Ludwick RF, Pujols 1B, Glaus 3B, Ankiel CF, Molina C, Kennedy 2B, Wellemeyer P, Izturis SS.
* COL lineup: Taveras CF, Tulowitzki SS, Helton 1B, Holiday LF, Atkins 3B, Hawpe RF, Torrealba C, Nix 2B, Cook P.